Nitra, the oldest city recorded in Slovakia, is situated about 80 km from Bratislava. Thanks to its special location on the main roads between the districts as well as the beautiful surroundings, Nitra is an ideal place for a successful business trip.
Hotel MIKADO is easily accessible, located in the Old Town zone which makes it a great starting point for various business or leisure and tourist activities. The Shopping Mall Mlyny is only 5 minutes on foot from here; if you decide for a leisurely stroll to the historical centre or Nitra castle, it should not take you more than 20 to 25 minutes.
Agrokomplex Expo is around 5 minutes by car. And, of course, you can use Hotel MIKADO's own car park, which is monitored 24/7 and free for all guests. This makes moving around Nitra even easier.
If you want to use your leisure time for sightseeing in the city or nearby, our staff will be happy to help you chose the best spots based on your free time and interests. Just pick what you fancy - culture, history, nature, cafés and shopping, sports or spa and wellness.
When in Nitra, be sure to visit some of these local attractions:
- Pedestrian zone - cafés and restaurants (10 min. walk)
- Theatre of Andrej Bagar - DAB (15. min. walk)
- Nitra Art Gallery (15 min. walk)
- Nitra Castle with splendid views and stylish café (20 min. walk)
- Calvary, mystical spot with 360° views, (20 min. walk to the foot + light uphill trek)
- Riverwalks and Cycle routes by the river Nitra - e.g. Wilson Embankment (10 min. walk)
- University Botanical Garden (15 min. walk)
- Old City Park Sihoť with open air pool, two great cafés, leisure zones, petting ZOO (25 min. walk)
- More sights
Time-permitting, you can also visit one of these beautiful spots nearby:
- Roman Church in Dražovce - romantic and really old little church (13 min. by car)
- Arboretum Mlyňany - astonishingly beautiful gardens in any season (30 min. by car)
- Chateau and State Horse Stables and Stud Farm at Topoľčianky - splendid horses, beautiful park, amazing castle, good restaurant (45 min. by car)
- Chateau Apponyi and Apponyi Historic Library in Oponice. Ruins of the Castle Oponice - must see Library, great restaurant, park (30 min. by car)
- Ruins of the Castle Gýmeš - mystical place, wonderful views (30 min. by car + light trek)
- Spa Sklené Teplice - nice walks, hot springs (50 min. by car)
- Thermal Park Nitrava Poľný Kesov - casual hot water soak or water fun (25 min. by car)